Dr Terry Sergeant
BSc (Hons) Psych, MSc, PgDip CBT, PsychD, CPsychol
I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist and a BABCP Accredited Cognitive-Behavioural Psychotherapist. That’s just a fancy way of saying that I’m qualified and experienced at what I do.
I’ve been working as a therapist since 2003, helping children, young people, and adults find solutions to their problems and cope with a range of difficulties. I use various therapeutic methods to help my clients with anxiety, depression, shame, and low self-esteem – things that get in the way of having healthy relationships and successful lives.
I offer one-to-one online (and telephone) counselling and CBT for individuals and couples. I also run an online support group for men called ‘The F.E.A.R. Project’.
I am based in the UK, and I work with people who live in the UK and Ireland, as well as in various other countries around the world.
I work with adults and couples of all ages and backgrounds, including LGBTQ+ people and same-sex couples.
- Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology, Roehampton University London
- MSc Counselling, University of Ulster
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive-Behavioural Psychotherapies, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience (King’s College London)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Behavioural Couples Therapy, Royal Holloway London
- EMDR Accredited Training Parts 1, 2, & 3, The EMDR Academy
- Advanced Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling, Queen’s University Belfast
- Diploma in Counselling, Queen’s University Belfast
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, Queen’s University Belfast